There are some broad similarities in how SimplyHired integrates with Linkedin vs how SimplyHired achieves integration with Facebook. There are many differences, making each integration a unique tool for job search, used in different ways.
Similarities to Linkedin/SimplyHired Integration:
- Connections: Both connect your network to hiring companies
- Sign-in: Both require that you allow SimplyHired to sign in to your Linkedin and Facebook account
- Privacy: SimplyHired keeps your searches and information private. It doesn't publish information on your Facebook wall, Linkedin or Facebook status. Your job search remains private, unless you wish to manually post your activities to your wall or status.
Differences Between Linkedin/SH integration and Facebook/SH integration:
- Linkedin contacts are displayed to the side: Linkedin contacts are displayed to the side of each of each job opportunity:
- Facebook friends are displayed in sections: Facebook displays your friends on your homepage, at the top of search results, or on a separate page.
- Different assumptions: SimplyHired makes the assumption that a candidate is closer with Facebook contacts, and that Linkedin contacts are a bit more distant, or formal. Unless you are an open networker (like me), you may use Facebook only to connect with close friends and family and Linkedin with past co-workers, vendors, clients, and maybe some current co-workers (depending on how you have used Linkedin). The average adult user probably has fewer Facebook friends than Linkedin network, if for no other reasons than Facebooks limitation on network size and Linkedin's 3 degrees of separation. SimplyHired assumes that your Facebook friends are fewer but more likely to help than your Linkedin network.
- Degrees of separation: While SimplyHired includes Linkedin contacts up to 3 degrees of separation, SH shows only direct Facebook friends. Of course there are advantages and disadvantages to these treatments - Linkedin probably gives a job seeker a broader reach, while Facebook is more likely to return close contacts at companies. Ability to access both types of contacts is ideal.
- Types of searches: You can direct SimplyHired to display a listing of your Facebook friends (alphabetically by name) and the companies they work; your Facebook friends and their location; your Facebook friends who work at companies you've "liked"; Most popular companies in your network of friends; and most popular locations in your network.
( Continued ... How To Set Up & Use SimplyHired/Facebook Integration )
Page: <1> <2> <3>
Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872
The Secret To Getting Simply Hired
Job Seekers - 20 Ways To Brand Yourself On Facebook
Email your request to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".