Thursday, August 26, 2010

Why Doesn’t HR (Recruiters & Hiring Managers) Follow Up? Job search question of the week











”Why don’t interviewers follow up anymore?” A reader emailed me this question earlier this week - it’s a common frustration of job seekers.


Candidates are frustrated and just plain old don’t understand why interviewers won’t follow up after a conversation. I hear comments like “It’s not like it used to be”, “It’s just common courtesy”, and “Can’t someone take 5 minutes out of their day to let me know what’s going on?”

Occasionally I post a job search question from one of our readers. This was a question sent to me by a member of my Linkedin group (Career Change Central on Linkedin) - and a client asked me the very same question this morning.

( Continued ... Why Few Interviewers Follow Up )

Page: <1> <2>

Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.

For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872

Related Articles:
Do You Have Any Other Questions? - Job search question of the week
When Do I Bring Up Salary? Job search question of the week

Email your request to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".

Source: http://reCareered.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Researcher said...

Personally I don't think this is something new, it's just gotten worse. Often it's just plain busy. What I attempt to do is have the candidate contact me within 2 to 4 days, if they haven't heard from another company representative.

Nestor Gismondi said...

As you sow, so shall you reap! :-)

At some point you have to decide how you want to behave, if being unpolite fits your nature go ahead, if not, think it twice.

What we see in France is that as recruiters dont care neither do good candidates... That is what we reap!