Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Bringing Your Resume To Informational Interviews

You scored an informational interview with an influential manager at your target company. Should you bring a resume? Learn the pros and cons ...

A client was thrilled that she scheduled an informational interview with a high ranking manager at one of her target firms. She had invited this manager to coffee to discuss industry issues and so she could learn more about the target company. - I was helping her prepare for the meeting. She was wise that she hadn’t tipped her hand that she was looking for a job.

One of the first questions my client asked me was “How do I let the manager know that I’m looking for a job?”, followed quickly by “When should I give them my resume?” My answers surprised her and they may surprise you too.

( Continued ... When You Should Present Your Resume At An Informational Interview )

Page: <1> <2> <3>

Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.

For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook:
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin:

Related Articles:
Does Your Job Search Strategy Include More Listening ... Or Talking?
How Employee Referral Bonus Programs Can Work For You ... Or Against You

Email your request to to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".

Source: href="">

No comments: