Monday, July 30, 2007

How To Get Your Dog A Job (You Too!) - Page 2

Fortunately, I met with SimplyHired’s team at a recent trade show, because they have just the tools to help you get your dog a job. They have some great tools for you also, reviewed at http://recareered.blogspot.com/2008/05/secret-to-getting-simply-hired.html.

But this article is about putting the dog to work..

SimplyHired has a special search for dog friendly companies. For instance, if I wanted to get Tuanis a job as (let’s say) a recruiter within walking distance (she doesn’t drive), I’d search under recruit, enter my zip code, and check the box for “Choose only dog friendly companies”.

There were two listed in my zip code. Tuanis could recruit for an animal hospital chain, or be an inside sales manager for a national recruiting firm.

Now if she gave me lots of kisses, and brought me my slippers to convince me to drive her and not be so controlling about her career choice, there are 89 new jobs in the Chicago area at dog friendly companies. Of course, many of those career choices would require me to transport her, and help her with the day to day duties, since I’m the one with opposable thumbs.

If I was willing to move, so my dog could be at a company with many other dogs, I could look for the top dog-friendly companies hiring now:
  1. Google
  2. Amazon
  3. Nestle Purina Petcare
  4. Banfield, The Pet Hospital
  5. Petsmart

SimplyHired has other special search tools also:
  • Mom-friendly jobs (I’m putting the dog to work ... you're next Mom, so enjoy retirement while you still can)
  • Age 50+ friendly jobs
  • Diversity Friendly
  • Eco-Friendly jobs (Wear your green tie!)
  • Socially Responsible jobs
  • GLBT jobs
  • Veteran Friendly
I got so much detail about SimplyHired’s site and search tools, that I’ll have to cover in other articles, but you can check them out yourself at SimplyHired Special Searches.

Mom, that nursing home is getting expensive….there’s 6 Mom friendly jobs, and 556 age 50+ jobs in your little home town.

Maybe you can commute with Tuanis!

How can you find your dog a job?

Page: <1> <2>

Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.

For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872

Related Articles:
3 Ways To Leverage Job Boards And Discover The Hidden Job Market
The Top 30 Job Boards For 2010

Email your request to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".

Source: http://reCareered.blogspot.com

No comments: