Many companies charge hundreds of dollars for this insight - here’s the best of it, for the best price - free.
Consider this your cheat sheet and guide to Linkedin job search. I’m assuming the reader has already figured out how to set up an account on Linkedin.
Best Linkedin Job Search Tools #1 - #4
- The Basics - Helping Others Find You:
- Profile: This article isn’t meant to teach you how to write a profile, but a well written profile is a great tool to help employers and recruiters find you. Unfortunately, most profiles aren’t well suited to this purpose. Here’s some help: http://recareered.blogspot.com/2008/05/build-linkedin-profile-that-you-can-be.html.
- Advanced profile: Linkedin now allows users to reorganize whole sections of their profile, to better highlight what’s important to employers and recruiters. Here’s some help: http://recareered.blogspot.com/2010/02/more-control-for-job-seekers-over-their.html.
- Social Branding: Your Linkedin profile is the center of a job seekers’ social brand, or the impression you make online. For 20 ways to brand yourself using Linkedin, see http://recareered.blogspot.com/2010/02/job-seekers-20-ways-to-brand-yourself_25.html.
- Google loves Linkedin: Your profile may be the first things an employer may see when performing a Google search on you. Yes, most employers do Google searches before making an offer, as part of employment due dilligence. For more information on Google and how Linkedin affects it, see http://recareered.blogspot.com/2010/04/how-does-google-affect-your-job-search.html.
Page: <1> <2> <3> <4> <5>
Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872
Linkedin - All reCareered articles
Facebook - All reCareered articles
Email your request to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".