Top Web 2.0 Sites - #26 - 50
- Linkedin Groups - Networking, Alumni, industry and networking groups http://www.linkedin.com/home?myGroups
- Facebook Groups – Common interest based groups http://www.facebook.com/apps/application.php?id=2361831622&b
- Yahoo Groups – Common interest based groups http://www.groups.yahoo.com/
- Google Groups – Common interest based groups http://www.groups.google.com/
- Grou.ps – Common interest based groups http://www.grou.ps/
- Blogger – Blog platform http://www.blogger.com/
- Wordpress – Blog platform http://www.wordpress.com
- Delicious – Social bookmarking http://www.delicious.com/
- Digg – User submitted reviews of websites, services, blogs http://www.digg.com/
- StumbleUpon – User reviews and web channel surfing http://www.stumbleupon.com/
- Reddit – Submit, vote on, and rank news & links http://www.reddit.com/
- FeedDemon – Manage RSS feeds http://www.feeddemon.com/
- Google Reader - Manage RSS feeds http://www.google.com/reader
- Skype – Social network, IM, and VOIP http://www.skype.com/
- Google Voice - Free Voip, text, phone forwarding http://www.google.com/voice
- Meebo – Web based multi platform IM http://www.meebo.com/
- Google Maps – Maps, directions, traffic, public transit, biking, satellite, 3D, street views http://www.maps.google.com/
- Yahoo Maps – Maps, directions, traffic, satellite http://www.maps.yahoo.com/
- Bing Maps - Maps, directions, traffic, satellite, 3D http://www.bing.com/maps/
- Google Calendar – Shared and mashup calendars http://www.google.com/calendar
- Evite – User generated invitations and events http://www.evite.com/
- Meetup – User generated special interest group meeting listings http://www.meetup.com/
- Eventful – Create and share events http://www.eventful.com/
- Wikipedia – User created encyclopedia http://www.wikipedia.com/
- Razume – User submitted resumes, professional community review & feedback http://www.razume.com/
Bookmarks & site reviews
None of these tools on their own will find a job for you - only you can do that for yourself. However, these sites can help job seekers overcome a huge challenge - differentiating themselves over the most competitive job market in our lifetimes.
Readers - How can you use these tools to brand yourself online and gain more inside information on companies/opportunities. Recruiters and hiring managers - How do you find candidates using Web 2.0?
Page: <1> <2> <3>
Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872
5 Ways Social Media Gives Job Seekers An Advantage In A Recession: Best of reCareered
The Top 30 Job Boards For 2010
Email your request to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".