Why Do Portfolios Work?
Portfolios can bring a number of advantages to the job seeker willing to invest a little extra time into their marketing materials. Some of these advantages include:
- Reduces perception of ageism
- Increases perception of being tech-savvy
- Demonstrates organization
- Demonstrates communications skills
- Demonstrates expertise, rather than just claiming expertise
- Gives hiring manager a product sample of you
- Focuses attention on work product, instead of longevity, industry, age, function, or other limiting factors
- Few of your competitors use one (outside of design/media fields) allowing you to stand out
- Demonstrates experience in new or non-work related skills for career changers
- Increases exposure and "findability" on Google
( Continued ... How to build a your online portfolio )
Page: <1> <2> <3>
Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872
Why Every Job Seeker Needs To Blog"
Top 3 Job Search Strategies To Set Yourself Apart
Email your request to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".