Wednesday, December 23, 2009
I’ve been a good candidate this year…but you would already know that, wouldn’t you? I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but I got kind of short changed last Christmas, with a variety of bad sweaters, regifts, and Aunt Martha’s ten ton fruitcake.
Here’s what I’d like this year:
1. A killer “fishing resume”, complete with a personal branding statement, employer value statements, keywords, and a skills inventory
Read More ...
2. A clear concise personal brand, identifying my unique Subject Matter Expertise
3. A subscription to reCareered’s website – wait that’s free! (just sign up at http://reCareered.blogspot.com)
4. MORE INTERVIEWS!
5. A higher resume response rate
6. A great cover letter…no wait, you gave me one of those last year and employers don’t read them ! Instead, how about a great strategy for job search without cover letters .
7. A bigger, better network
8. A Resublog
9. A project plan for my job search
10. A new job!
Job seekers, please comment…What’s on your Christmas list this year?
Executives exploring Career Change: For a free 30 minute resume consultation, or career advice for executives, email your resume confidentially to reCareered (phil.reCareered@gmail.com), and we'll schedule a time to talk.
Staff, Managers, Entrepreneurs, and career changers outside the US: Send your resume to phil.reCareered@gmail.com to enroll in a free group teleseminar "Accelerate Your Job Search - tools you can use".
Who's Hiring - Top employers week of 12-21-09
David Letterman's Top 10 reasons Your Job Search is Frustrating
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872