Top Layoffs week ended 10-15:
Government topped the list, as the State of New York announced 2,000 layoffs as the state continues struggling to meet its budget. Insurance was next as Aon announced 1,500-1,800 job cuts worldwide and US Fidelis had cutbacks of 663 employees in Missouri.
Manufacturing company Quad Graphics laid off 700+ workers as it closes its Dyersberg TN plant, while Avon is closing its Springdale OH plant, cutting 400 staff. Pharmaceuticals company Sanofi-Aventis announced more layoffs as the company is closing its Malvern PA plant affecting 412 workers.
Health Care rounded out the list as UMass Memorial Health Care is laying off 350 employees.
Inclusion on this listing doesn’t mean the entire industry is down, as some from the same sectors appeared on the “Who’s Hiring” article published 10/11/10.
Job seekers: You might want to look in greener pastures than these companies.
Organizations announcing or rumored layoffs for the week ended 10/15/10:
- State of New York, Various NY (2,000)
- Aon Corp, Various Worldwide (1,500 - 1,800)
- Quad Graphics, Dyersburg TN (700+)
- US Fidelis, Wentzville MO (663)
- Sanofi Aventis US, Malvern PA (412)
- Avon Products, Springdale OH (400)
- UMass Memorial Health Care, Worchester MA (350)
- BAE Systems, Sealy TX (350)
- United Space Alliance, Houston TX (320)
- Emerson Climate Technologies, Lebanon MO (250)
- Embassy Suites Hotel, NYC NY (250)
- Hines Nurseries LLC in Richmond Texas (160)
- GE Aviation, Albuquerque NM (140)
- University of California, Davis CA (136 - 194)
- Lake Lawn Resort, Delavan WI (126)
- Trane Inc, Fort Smith AR (109)
- BAE Systems, Anniston AL (107)
- Lonza, Conshohocken PA (106)
- Lake County, Crown Point IN (100+)
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene OR (100)
- Equistar Chemicals, Newtown Square PA (93)
- United Refrigeration, Philadelphia PA (88)
- Home Depot - Home Decorators Collection, Hazelwood MO (85+)
- Federal Mogul, Boyertown PA (73)
- CVS Caremark, Allegheny County PA (69)
- KB Home, Denver (66)
- NextTier Bank. Butler PA (57)
- Cargil, Topeka KS (52)
- City of Richmond KY (50)
- Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, Minneapolis MN (41)
- Beaumont Hospitals, Troy MI, Grosse Pointe MI and Royal OAK MI (40 - 50)
- Raven Software, Madison WI (40)
- Boeing, Wichita KS and Topeka KS (37)
- The Indianapolis-Marion County Public Library, Indianapolis IN (35 - 40)
- St Louis Fire Department, St Louis MO (30 - 60)
- Robomodo, Chicago IL (30 - 60)
- SurModics, Eden Prairie MN (30+)
- Seeds of Change, Santa Fe NM (30)
- Manitowoc County WI (30)
Source: Google, Twitter, AllPinkSlips.com, Telonu.com, TechCrunch.com, CoStar.com, Gawker, Screwedd.com, Recessionwire.com
Readers – If you know of employers announcing significant layoff plans, or employers reducing large numbers of employees, please comment below to add to this list.
Page: <1> <2>
Like this article?
Subscribe here and have daily tips delivered to your email.
or delivered to your RSS reader.
For access to more information:
Become a fan of reCareered on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chicago-IL/reCareered/21126045429
Join Career Change Central on Linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/1800872
Who’s Hiring – Top employers week of 10-11-10
Who's Firing – Layoffs week ended 10-8-10
To learn about upcoming reCareered webinars and receive our newsletter, just fill out the simple form at http://recareered.blogspot.com/p/free-resources.html .